The following is an update from CHSAA regarding Athletics and Activities for this Spring. Hang in There and Keep Fighting the Good Fight.
Blessings to Everyone.
Important CHSAA COVID-19 Update
Aurora, CO – The Colorado High School Activities Association, following the most recent recommendation of state and federal health officials, has announced changes in the spring sports and activities schedules.
“In light of Governor Jared Polis’ announcement Monday (March 16) afternoon where new restrictions were mandated to slow the advance of the COVID-19 virus narrowing the minimum standards for public gatherings, we are announcing that the Association will follow the guidelines that went into effect at 8:00 a.m. today and will remain in effect for 30 days,” CHSAA Commissioner Rhonda Blanford-Green said. “This media and school advisory is to keep the membership apprised of the latest decisions from the CHSAA office.”
These updates include:
- The Spring Sports moratorium is extended through April 18. CHSAA encourages schools to set stricter standards on student gatherings outside of the high school.
- All CHSAA Music Events have been cancelled for 2020.
- The CHSAA Hall of Fame, scheduled for April 14, has been cancelled.
- The CHSAA Legislative Council meeting, scheduled for April 15, has been postponed pending changes in the public gathering restrictions.
- The State Speech Tournament and Student Leadership Advisor U have been postponed until later in the spring pending changes in the public gathering restrictions.
- The CHSAA office will remain closed until March 30, with staff working remotely from home.
The CHSAA will recognize individual participants from the CHSAA State Basketball Championships with a memento in the coming weeks to recognize their leadership and resolve during that week.
National and state decisions related to the COVID-19 virus are changing daily, even hourly, so new updates will be posted on CHSAANow.com and communicated via email to schools and media.