Tigers News · Spring Sports and Activities suspended until April 6

Hello Parents and Guardians,


Below is a memo that was sent out by the Colorado High School Activities Associations Commissioner Mrs. Rhonda Blanford-Green this afternoon.


In accordance to the CHSAA directions set forth, no practice or competitions will take place for CCHS student/athletes and activity members officially starting Friday, March 13 thru April 6.  CCHS Student/Athletes and Activity members will have a meeting immediately after school today with Mr. Manchester and then will be released to their coaches for one last team meeting and practice today.  As more information comes about from either CHSAA or our School District, we will be sure to let you know.   Information will be posted at canonathletics.com  canoncityschools.org as well as on our Twitter Handle @CCHSAthletics_


Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in doing what is needed to keep Everyone safe.


Commissioner’s Missive:


I would just like to “ Thank” the Board of Directors, membership, and the amazing CHSAA staff for your support and guidance. The collaborative decision making has been in the best interest of our students and school communities and that hasn’t gone unnoticed.


All spring sports and activities including practices will be suspended until April 6th to address concerns surrounding the on-going decisions with COVID-19 pandemic.


The 2020 spring sports season, speech tournament, student leadership Advisor U, are suspended through April 6th. All music festivals are cancelled through April 6th . Additionally, an outreach with the Colorado Athletic Director’s Association will be conducted remotely from the CHSAA office. The date will be communicated after the 6th.


The decision is effective as of Friday, March 13, 2020. The decision to continue competitions today as some tournaments are currently being contested will be a local decision, supported by our office. No spring sports, activities, competition or practices can be held until at least April 6th. The situation will be monitored and evaluated with key decision-makers from around the state to determine when, or if, to resume the spring season.


On Wednesday morning, I convened a digital conference with more than 50 administrators representing diverse levels of educational leadership to collaboratively create a plan. That group arrived at a consensus to support the decision made by the CHSAA office.


Further information about the spring sports season will be communicated via CHSAANow, when available.




Rhonda Blanford-Green